Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Update on the Move

This past Saturday was our big moving day. I am blessed that the weather was as nice as it was – if you can avoid it don’t move in December. Patrick and two of his friends moved the rest of the “big” stuff as I packed the “little” stuff. In the mist of packing, Claire had TWO birthday parties that day. I didn’t want her to miss them because we were moving so I made sure she got there.

We have been staying at the Orchard house since Saturday night. The kids have adjusted well so far. Claire and Truman are sharing a room and little Klein has his own room. The house is pretty nice for being an older house. It just smells like old people! I don’t think there is anything we can do about that unless we want to get new carpet and paint – that’s not going to happen.

The people who are moving into our house have been moving things in to the basement since last week. Today they are moving their furniture to the main floor. It has been very strange seeing other peoples stuff in MY HOUSE.

We plan to start looking at house plans after Christmas. It is just a crazy time for us right now, Patrick and his mom had birthdays this week, Truman’s birthday is next week, we are going to Springfield this weekend, I have to find time to do some Christmas shopping or I am going to have some very disappointed kids, oh I have to find time to unpack so we aren’t digging clothes out of boxes anymore!!

When I find my camera I will post a picture of the new place.

4 comments:

Nana-Judy said...

Oh my! You ARE busy! Take it one day at a time, one thing at a time, and you WILL get everything done [that is "essential", anyway!] the rest you can do without or delay to another time. Hey! a gal can only DO so much. Right??

Laura said...

Okay Lori, did I miss a post????
so you sold your house, YEAH. But what happend to the house next door? I am so out of the loop. Email me with the details I'm dying here trying to figure out what is going on. Any way I hope all goes well.
I wish I was there to help you!! Miss ya

Mandy said...

Goodness Lori...I feel for you. I agree with Judy...

Anonymous said...

Ugh! You sure have your hands full right now! OK just like Mom said, A gal can only DO so much! So enlist the help of the kids and Patrick. If I was there, I'd come help you unpack. I'm a pro by now! :O) Or Mandy told me one time that Gary does the unpacking at their house so maybe give him a call and you and Mandy can relax with a cup of hot chocolate while Gary unpacks. :O)