Saturday, September 13, 2008

La Visita de Missouri

The Tour of Missouri came to town yesterday and showed the midwest what it means to be free of the use of foreign oils. Well, sort of. For every rider there seemed to be a european station wagon and a full sized van. Maybe next year for as much as this thing costs the state of Missouri, they can bring solar cars.

Regardless, over a hundred racers from around the world entered Jefferson City from the East and did a couple of "circuits"...laps, downtown. Our city hosted the end of the hundred mile race, stage four. Needless to say, the racers were a little tired by the time they hit the Capital City. I'd always assumed that the riders would fly by you on level ground at 35 m.p.h. I think where they passed our positions, Claire could have passed them on a big wheel.

Watching these things is not nearly as productive as going here.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

This was a Patrick post wasn't it?

The bikes looked pretty cool going round the corner together like that!

Anonymous said...

How funny Mandy!!! I just told Chris the same thing!! It's a great post though. :O)

I don't know though...they looked like they were going pretty fast to me. Claire must be a really fast big wheel rider. :O)

Lori said...

Too funny! Yes, Patrick posted this. For him not wanting a blog, he is sure having fun with it!

Abby said...

I thought they were going pretty fast too especially around such a sharp corner. That would make me nervous riding my bike so close to someone else at that speed!