Monday, August 18, 2008

1st Day of School


The kids were asleep by 8:15 last night. I was so proud that we made it on time!

I have the day off today so I got up and made sausage and eggs for breakfast to get them off on the right foot. They both got their teeth brushed and dressed without fussing!!! Patrick and I both took the kids to school. We dropped Claire off first, she walked in the door and pretty much ignored us and went to talk to her friends - she is little miss social, I wonder who she gets that from.

We then dropped Truman off in his class. I think he was ready for us to leave his room too. You can see what I mean by the look he gave me in the picture. He is too cute!

Since this is the first day of school the kids get out at 1:00. I will let you know how it went.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I love that first pic of Truman! How cute is that? And where are all of Claire's curls??? I think the two of them look so much alike!

Lori said...

When Nichelle stayed with us this summer she strengthened Claire's hair and put it in ponytails. Claire requested that I did this for her first day...

Anonymous said...

Truman cracks me up!!! The little girl to his right doesn't look to happy either. And look, Truman gets to sit by Jacob. :O)
Claire looks cute as usual and I love her nails. :O) I hope they had a great day!

Abby said...

I love Claire's hair like that! Poor Truman mom and dad embarass him on his first day ;)